Snake Room

Talk and gloat about your own accomplishments
snake

Mastodon: https://akko.valentines.monster/curledaroundyou

Snake Room

Post by snake »

Hello! My (online) name is Snagen and I wanted to make a little thread to introduce myself and share some of my artwork.

I'm a furry and I have been for as long as I've known they existed. I've gone through a large number of sonas and characters, but my current sona is a Burmese python named Egg. Here's his character info if you're interested in reading it! I also have a large number of characters (there's only 5 on my website, but I technically own about 200 different characters with different worlds that I work on intermittently) that I love to write stories about and develop. Sometimes I do written roleplay to develop my characters more, but it's not often and usually only with close friends. I've recently been working on making my own website on Neocities. I found this forum through Miles's website (which is really cool, by the way) and I figured I would join since it seemed chill here.

I'll probably use this thread to share stuff about my characters and artwork, but obviously this is a public thread so feel free to reply and ask questions or just say hello! I also accept and very much appreciate constructive criticism (aka don't just go "I don't like this," be specific and polite please).

--------------------------------------------

I like to experiment with different styles, brushes, and canvas sizes, so my artwork can vary a lot. I mainly do "toony" style artwork. I think the main hallmark of my style is solid, clean-looking, and thick line art, though I also do simplified lineless artwork when the canvas is too small to warrant lines or when I don't have the energy for lining. My sketches are messy as all hell.

To start off my thread, I'll just drop some recent doodles here.

I made some cute snakes to use as content warnings on my website. They don't really match the theme I have going for it, but I also don't really mind because it's my website so I can do what I want and I like snakes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

I also tried a more... anime-like? I guess? style with my sona recently, and drew him in an outfit based on one I have IRL but never wear. I feel like the pose is boring, but it was mostly just an experiment anyway and I think it's cute.

And that's all I really have for now in terms of recent artwork!
miles

Mastodon: https://den.den.nohost.me/@miles

Re: Snake Room

Post by miles »

snake wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:49 pm
Hello snake, welcome to the Den :smile: I remember seeing you on fedi! Thank you for sharing cute snakes, (my fave is the Violence And Gore snake) I checked out Snagen's page and Palmtree Panic fits him well (i love that song too ^^). Also, very clever usage of gradients to make that pixel-perfect grid texture in the background!!! I'm actually blown away by that it's so smart :cool: I'm definitely going to use that somewhere.

I understand the struggle of trying to stay on theme with website design, I couldn't make up my mind between y2k-aero style or crisp pixel-art :') I'm glad you checked it out and found the forums, I'm surprised someone found this place through it already as I just recently added the link.

Anyway, thank you for joining da forums, let me know if you need help with anything :geek:

- "I'm A Cyan Kinda Guy"
"Follow the rules. Or face the banhammer"
-- Webmaster Miles
snake

Post by snake »

Thank you Miles!! I'm glad there are appreciators of the Violence and Gore snake - it's a ball python and I had to redraw it several times to figure out how to actually make it look like it's doing the thing it's named for.
miles wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:26 pmAlso, very clever usage of gradients to make that pixel-perfect grid texture in the background!!! I'm actually blown away by that it's so smart :cool: I'm definitely going to use that somewhere.
I have to confess that that's actually one of the few things I didn't code myself :') I was looking up tutorials on how to add shapes and gradients with CSS, and found a tool with some premade CSS background patterns. It's listed on my credits page, but I don't blame you for not finding that because I have yet to figure out the final formatting the character profiles and the link is on the sidebar, which they don't have yet.

Thank you for the warm welcome and I'm happy to be here!!
miles

Mastodon: https://den.den.nohost.me/@miles

Post by miles »

snake wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:57 pm
Ahh well :razz: that's still a super neat resource, it's giving me a lot to play with :P

- "I'm A Cyan Kinda Guy"
"Follow the rules. Or face the banhammer"
-- Webmaster Miles
snake

Post by snake »

Got carried away with a doodle today and made a rainbow angel snake!

Content warning for mild body horror, it has eyes all over its body. It's not that bad but I figured I'd give a warning anyway
spoiler
Poo

Post by Poo »

really cool snake sona :mrgreen: